1. Horses of all breeds (including unregistered horses) are eligible for DSRP Playday shows.
2. All horses must show proof of current negative Coggins (current being within 12 months or less, from date of show).
3. Stallions may NOT be shown/exhibited by a youth in any event. Stallions may NOT be shown in any of the youth events. Anyone with a stallion who displays disruptive or potentially disruptive/unsafe behavior will be immediately excused from the show arena/premises by show management. Refund of unused entry fees is at the discretion of show management.
4. Management reserves the right to excuse a horse from competition if it is deemed lame or in poor health.
5. Attire: Cowboy hats, caps or helmets, long or short sleeve shirt with or without collar, jeans, boots. No tank tops, shorts, tennis shoes. Tack: Western equipment is compulsory (i.e. no bareback rigging or pads.)
6. Riders: Be ready for your event! The announcer will call your name three times then we will proceed with the next rider and you will be last to ride in the class. If you are last to ride and are not ready or unable to get your horse into the arena you will be disqualified from that event.
7. Keep the alleyways clear of horses at all times. Only show management, staff, or helpers are allowed in the arena during events. If you need the arena gate closed during your run, YOU are responsible for letting the gate volunteer know prior to your run. Riders need to enter from the right side of the alley and exit on the left side – follow the signs! The rider should enter and exit with their horse under control, preferably at a walk if possible. At the discretion of management, a rider can be warned and ultimately disqualified for an event if this rule is not followed.
8. For the safety of all riders, horses and helpers, running horses in the warm up arena will not be allowed. You may walk, trot, lope your horse in the warm up arena but please be aware of other riders and people on the ground assisting riders. The gateway and warm up arena must be kept clear for riders, horses and helpers only.
9. Any horse that exhibits the possibility of posing a threat to its rider, other riders, arena help or spectators may be excused from the competition at management’s discretion.
10. No refunds for scratches unless made IN OFFICE prior to the start of class.
11. Age Groups: Lead Line (all ages), Pee Wee 7 – 10, Juniors 11 - 14, Seniors 15 – 18, Masters 19+, and Elites (trainers and all riding ages)
12. Events: Cloverleaf Barrels, Poles, Stakes and a Surprise Event
13. In Lead Line events, the handler must be in contact and control of the horse at all times. Lead Line Events will run back-to-back at the start of the Playday to modified patterns.
14. Exhibitors may show multiple horses in one age division however the Champion and Reserve Champion Show Awards in each Age Division are ‘one rider / one horse’.
15. Show Champion and Reserve Champion Awards will be given for the highest number of points earned in each age division event at each show. Exhibitors must show in at least 3 events in respective age division to be eligible for the Show Champion Awards.
16. The 9 point system below is used to calculate Show Champion Awards.